Spandan Heart Institute is committed to Patient focused Care. Our hospital recognizes the needs of those suffering from heart and vascular disease.
- We will respect your values, preferences, and expressed needs.
- We will coordinate and include you in information about your hospital stay.
- We will provide education to you as necessary.
- We will do whatever we can to maintain your comfort.
- The hospital stay includes Tea/Breakfast/Lunch/Dinner for patient.
- We will involve your family and friends in your care as you wish.
- We will provide you an effective transition to home by offering you appropriate education and resources.
- Fasting blood samples are collected from home
Patients can register for admission at the Reception Desk located beside the main entrance. The Registration area handles pre-admissions and admissions for all scheduled inpatients and outpatients. Incase you are insured please bring your insurance information to facilitate the admission process.
It is our desire to make your stay with us as comfortable as possible. Each inpatient room is private, ensuring that you and your family will be able to sit uninterrupted and without fear of disturbing other patients and / or their relatives.
Apart from private rooms we also have multibedded room.
All patient rooms have been designed to accommodate one family member or significant other who wishes to spend the night with the patient. The relatives must be capable of self-care and are responsible for their own valuables. No overnight accommodations are available for relatives while the patient is in ICCU or SICU.
Please give your doctor the list of medications you are taking, including your dosage and timings. If possible, bring all of your prescription and non-prescription medications with you to the hospital. Your doctor will review your medications before prescribing new medications.
Your diet is an important part of the treatment and is prescribed by your doctor. Food and beverages should not be brought to the hospital without the dietician’s prior approval. Spandan heart institute provides tea, breakfast, lunch, dinner.
Valuables and Personal Belongings
We strongly discourage patients or there relatives bringing valuables such as money, jewellery, mobile phones, documents, or other articles of unusual value to the hospital. You should make arrangements with a family member or friend to take these items home for you.The hospital is not responsible for the loss or damage of items
The Hospital encourages visitation by family and friends because we value their important role in the healing process. We do ask that visits are between 5 – 7 p.m.
Spandan Heart Hospital is pleased to provide a full-service emergency department. We are capable of treating emergencies 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. If the emergency is non-cardiac and hospital admission is required, the patient may be transferred to another facility.
Our Business Office routinely files all necessary hospital claims to insurance companies for reimbursement. The patient, however, is ultimately responsible for paying the bill. It is extremely important that we be given all information regarding the patient’s insurance as soon as possible so that the Business Office can verify if it is in effect and determine the nature of coverage.
We understand your desire, to be discharged from the hospital as soon as your condition warrants.
Upon discharge, it is important to understand your continued care program, including follow-up doctor visits and lifestyle recommendations.
After a discussion with you and / or your family, your physician will determine if you are ready to be discharged. The Admin Office may contact you prior to your discharge if additional information is needed. You are responsible for your transportation arrangements. Final instructions will be completed in your room prior to discharge. A patient care partner will transport you from your room to your vehicle at the time of your discharge.
At the end, feedback form is filled up by the attendant, patient or patient relatives.
- Adults and children with infectious illnesses, or who’ve recently been exposed to an infectious disease, should not visit patients.
- All visitors are required to behave in a courteous manner. Any visitor who exhibits threatening or abusive behavior, or who uses profane language, will be asked to leave the hospital. Noisy or disruptive children may also be asked to leave.
- Visitors should & eat their meals in the dinning room;
|Spandan Heart Hospital is a smoke free facility.|
Cell phones may only be used in the main lobby and in the dining area.